Saturday 25 January 2014

Morrissey - New Album On The Way

 

Next month, Morrissey will begin recording his first full length album since 2009's Years of Refusal. The former Smiths frontman has signed a two-album deal with Harvest Records and Capitol Music.

Joe Chiccarelli, who has helmed recordings for Alanis Morissette and the Strokes, will produce the new album. It will feature the same backing band that accompanied Moz on Years of Refusal, with the addition of a new pianist, and they will begin recording in France on February 1st.

Although Morrissey has been performing new songs over the past few years, he has maintained that he did not want to self-release his music. Regarding that decision, he told The Village Voice in 2012 – with a hearty helping of his usual dry wit – "I'm independent enough without selling CDs out of the back of a van."

Earlier this month, the singer revealed that he was working on two projects: a novel and a new album. He let the news slip when an interviewer asked him about a gig he had played in Istanbul. "Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called 'Istanbul,'" he said. "It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world. When I'm in Istanbul, I feel as if I could never die. My life is matched."

As for the new book, Morrissey said a novel was inevitable, given the reception he'd gotten for his Autobiography. "In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am midway through my novel," he posted on True to You. "I have my hopes."

Before either the book or the new album come out, though, Morrissey will put out a deluxe reissue of his 1992 LP, Your Arsenal, on February 25th.
 
Rolling Stone.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment