Thursday 17 May 2012

Introducing The Slow Readers Club



All I ever do is listen to music and eat biscuits, but I almost missed The Slow Readers Club completely.  Having heard them,  I just don't know how that is possible and I'm over the moon that I've put it right now.

The Slow Readers Club are a Manchester based Indie / Electro  band who’s output, according to their biog 'ranges from insanely catchy upbeat indie to  angry, introspective downbeat ballads. Their music has drawn  comparisons with Interpol, The Killers and Arcade Fire.'


I could list a whole load more comparissons that crept into my head as I listened to the album the first few times, but I won't because in my mind they have already moved in to the category - Sound's like The Slow Readers Club.

Their debut single Sirens was released in October of last year and was pretty well received and the album followed in December.  A second single Feet On Fire is due and hopefully will do as well in elevating the band's profile, having already being featured on a Soccer AM VT.

I'm really looking forward to hearing them play live when they're up this way but for the moment they only have a few dates sheduled in the Manchester area.  If you're down there, check 'em out.

I really can't recommend The Slow Readers Club highly enough.  You should take time out to have a listen and show them some support and spread the word.

Mick
Preview a few tracks from the album, and see below for info links.

Links:-

Official Slow Readers Club Web Site is HERE
Facebook page is HERE
Youtube Channel is HERE
and follow them on Twitter @slowreadersclub







No comments:

Post a Comment